2013 Scholarships and Grants
The Twentynine Palms Officers’ Spouses’ Club is pleased to announce that scholarships and grants for the 2013-2014 academic year are now available!
To submit your request, download the application and submit by mail no later than March 1, 2013 to:
MCAGCC OSC Scholarships and Grants
P.O. Box 6012
Twentynine Palms, CA 92278
Applications received after that date will not be considered. Contact Laura Scotto at email@example.com with any questions or concerns about the application process.
Eligibility requirements for scholarship applicants are as follows:
- An applicant must be a family member (child or spouse), with a current military ID card, of an active duty or active duty reserve assigned to MCAGCC, or of a retired or deceased military officer or enlisted personnel.
- An applicant must be residing in the Morongo Basin or greater Palm Springs area at the time of application.
- A child applicant must be graduating from a Morongo Basin or greater Palm Springs area high school OR have received a GED in the year of the application OR be a senior registered in a home school program who meets all other requirements
- A Spouse applicant may be currently enrolled in a college or vocational program.
- If a service member transfers from MCAGCC and chooses to leave the child or spouse in the Morongo Basin area, that person will be eligible.
- An applicant must have applied to an accredited two or four year institution for undergraduate study and be working towards an AA or BA/BS degree or vocational certification.
- A spouse who has completed an AA degree will be eligible.
- A scholarship recipient from a past year may not reapply.
- An applicant who accepts an appointment to one of the service academies or accepts a full ROTC scholarship is not eligible.
- No active duty, active duty reserve (AR), regular reserve, and reserve member on Active Duty Special Work (ADSW) is eligible UNLESS their Tuition assistance requires them to pay it back.
- An applicant who accepts a full scholarship to include, tuition, books, room and board is not eligible.
- An applicant who has received scholarship funds from any other installation’s OSC is not eligible.
This scholarship is based on merit, not financial need. Application submission does not guarantee scholarship award. An applicant’s entire submission package will be considered, so it is important to put your best efforts forward.
Eligibility requirements for grant applications are as follows:
1. Those non-profit organizations that benefit military members and/or their families will be eligible for consideration for OSC philanthropic funds.